|Visitors - Visa Requirements
All visitors to Antigua and Barbuda must have an onward or return ticket. Citizens of United States, United Kingdom and Canada DO NOT require a visa to enter Antigua and Barbuda and must travel on a VALID PASSPORT.
Persons visiting are permitted to stay as long as their business takes, provided that:
- They have an onward or return ticket
- They have confirmation of accommodation
- They can produce evidence of their ability to maintain themselves in Antigua and Barbuda (demonstrated by recent bank and/or credit card statement, letter of employment, etc)
Please Note - Visas MUST be obtained prior to travel as they will NOT be issued at the point of entry.
Cruise Ship Visitors
Cruise ship visitors who would normally require a visa do not require one provided that they arrive in Antigua and Barbuda in the morning and depart the same evening.
In Transit Passengers
In transit passengers traveling within the same day, who normally require a visa, do not need a visa for entry into Antigua and Barbuda, provided that they have proof of their onward journey and do not exit the controlled airport space.
Students who require entry visas to Antigua and Barbuda for educational purposes must submit correspondence from the educational institution confirming acceptance and length of time for study.
Diplomatic Visa Applicants
Diplomatic visa applicants who request exemption from producing the following documentation must present a verbal note/diplomatic note from the relevant Consulate/High Commission/Embassy/United Nations Agency.
All Other Visitors
All other visitors please click on the link below to find out if you require a visa for entry in Antigua and Barbuda:
(Please confirm with the Consulate General of Antigua and Barbuda – New York)
Documentation required when applying for a visa
- Valid passport (with minimum life of six months). Passport must have one completely blank page where visa can be affixed. Applicants who are in possession of a U.S. Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) should present card in person or provide a legible copy
- One completed Visa Application Form
- Confirmation of travel (return or onward ticket or E-ticket)
- Confirmation of accommodation or letter of invitation if you are staying in the community with friends and family
- Evidence of ability to maintain oneself in Antigua and Barbuda (demonstrated by recent bank and/or credit card statement, letter of employment, etc)
- Two (2) passport-size photographs (in color)
- Fee of $50.00 or $75.00 (see below for details)
- Single Entry - $50.00 (for a single visit within three months of date of issue)
- Double Entry - $75.00 (for multiple visits within six months of date of issue)
Fees should be paid by postal money order, or an international money order made payable to “Government of Antigua and Barbuda” (or cash when delivering in person). Applications submitted by mail, must include return postage costs. Processing period for the issue of a visa is normally 5-10 working days. However, applicants who are in possession of a green card, or H-1 visa can pay an additional fee of $20.00 for expedited service. Applicants will be informed of the collection date once the application has been received and all supporting documentation processed.
Please contact the Office of the Consulate General at (212) 541- 4119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information on visa and entry requirements. A visa application form must be submitted by the applicant to the Consulate General of Antigua and Barbuda 305E, 47th Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10017. If applying by mail, please enclose a prepaid air bill, courier account number or SASE for return of passport.